Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Attend the Tea Party Unity 2012 Rally in Tampa Without Credentials??


Yes. I did attend the Tea Party Unity 2012 Rally in Tampa without the proper credentials.

And I also become part of the staff at the Theater at Liberty Plaza. How did I do it?

I owe it all to my daughter Nancy Cripe and her husband who designed for me an unusual cap which you may be tired of seeing, but the cap worked miracles.

When I indicated I had no credentials to attend the Tea Party Unity 2012 event, held at River Church, north of Tampa near Brandon, a Senator from South or North Carolina told a member of his staff to put an armband on me and beckoned me to follow his entourage.

I was able to see and hear Michelle Bachmann, Herman Cain, a talented Hispanic Senator from Utah and a half dozen other governors, senators, etc.

The crowd was estimated to be around 3,000. The event had heavy security provided mostly by members of the church. As I mentioned before, so did the Convention and the Theater at Liberty Plaza. I was fortunate to park close in at the same location each day for 10 bucks a day.

When I attempted to enter the Liberty Plaza Theater, I was again denied admission. As I was standing around with the crowd waiting to enter, people who had credentials, i felt a tap on my shoulder.

It was a tall younger Hispanic and he said "follow me, you are the kind of person who should be attending these events." Not sure what was happening, I followed him through the check points and was now inside. He said if you come back tomorrow, I will be here. Just ask for Jose.




Next day I was back at 9 A.M. So was Jose.

This time he introduced me to the lady in the red hat whose picture is shown (BELOW) with myself and members of the Florida National Guard.

She was head of Liberty Plaza staff. I was asked to become part of staff and help them with security checks, etc. She gave me a temporary staff identification and next day I was wearing a Staff shirt.

Between scanning people for credentials and helping in other ways, I was able to see parts of all venues conducted in two adjoin large tents.

Free breakfast, lunch and dinner was provided by several sponsored for all visitors and staff.

Later, I found out that Jose, in plain clothes, was in charge of security. Unfortunately, my picture of him did not turn out. But what a smart, common sense person who I owe more than I can ever repay.

Did I see the Convention? By the time I drove the 27 miles back to Largo, where many of the Republicans were staying, I would fall asleep before 11 A.M. But I saw most of it on C-Span, a station that did a great job of filming and narrating this, for me, once in a lifetime experience.

Thanks, Nancy and Jose and all others who took an interest in an old man from Peoria. As to the hurricane, it only set the Convention back one day. My heartfelt feeling go to those farther west and north that were again ravished by the peculiarities and violence of mother nature.

All in all, an unforgettable trip.

Will the Republicans win the Presidency and the Senate?

Depends on how many lies coming from Obama and Company that the gullible American public will believe.



No comments: