Wednesday, August 29, 2018

JOURNAL STAR PRINTS 'FAIR AND BALANCED' REPORT MONDAY IN 'WORD ON THE STREET'

Thanks, JS Editorial Board for printing the State of Florida action in sealing my arrest record. I never really fought the charge because I knew that no Judge would find me guilty of anything. I did need an attorney to represent me in Court so I hired a lawyer whose sign I saw, paid him one time fee, appeared before a Judge in 2014 who did not find me guilty. Then I had to wait three years before I   could petition the State of Florida to seal the record. Cost $75 for paperwork and $10 for new set of fingerprints at the Peoria Police headquarters and received notification that my request was honored as I was not guilty of thee 2013 charge and had no previous arrest records.

The State of Florida can legally set up 'sting' operations. So I was not found guilty based on the merits of thee charge. I did not spend any time in jail as I posted my own $110 bond.

Thanks to all who supported me including my family and some relatives. Thank (ha, ha) to Jim and Jerry Stowell who made sure all the media's in the Peoria area knew of my arrest two days after the embarrassment. Their Dad, Joe, told me recently, that he considered me as his friend. We have been friends since 1956.


No comments: