Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Peoria City Installs New Sidewalks on Giles Lane and a Cross Way Over a Ditch On Sheridan??

While the roadbeds remain among the worst in the nation. School attendance is down because people are moving out of Peoria.

The cross-walk over the ditch along Sheridan is interesting. It leads into Donovan Park and the nearest cross street is Austin. It is also surprisingly marked with two SCHOOL CROSSING  signs yet I know of no schools within an approximate mile.

Who are the City Council people for these two districts? Please explain your rationale.

On 4/28.09, or 8 years ago, a former resident, in a Letter to the Editors of the Journal Star, wrote, "I lived in Peoria for 22 years and I understand the weather conditions. My last two visits were in December 2008 and April 2009. I have never experienced such poor roads and highway maintenance. It is a travesty that these problems have not been corrected. The wear an tear on motor vehicles in the condition that is the present time only result in added cost to this fine area of the United States".

He also asks what did Ray LaHood do during all those years in Congress an Secretary of Transportation and Obama? It is appropriate that the highway that divided Peoria forever is name after Ray LaHood. (My comment)

The title of his comments is "Poor Conditions of Peoria Roads a Costly Embarrassment".  How true. Another reason why Cat has moved their headquarters??

Why am I still here? Ask my wife. She likes the weather and high taxes.

No comments: