Sunday, November 23, 2014

Widmer Health Issues - Last Blog Possibly For Awhile

I have blogged 2500+ blogs all available by clicking on my "Search Bar" upper left hand corner and entering subjects like the PRM, Lakeview, Peoria Park District, Obama and ObamaCare, Peoria City, Peoria County, #150 School district, belligerent unions, Bel-Wood, Heddington Oaks, etc.

I have an appointment with a Cancer Center in a warmer climate. Then another heart doc to check out my leaky heart valve. My TIA, caused by being off my blood thinner too long while the urologist tried to abate my bladder cancer, left little damage that will probably eventually disappear.

Got a card from 13 of my tennis buddies in Sarasota hoping that I will be able to rejoin them soon. Me too.

Two good books to read, "All the Truth is Out", a non-fiction book by Matt Bai, 2014. "A Dancer in the Dust", a novel; by Thomas H. Cook, 2014, a read that is more truth than fiction. Both books sadly portray the down hill course our nation is and has been taking for decades.

Books that portray accurately the status of our country leave me feeling sad because there is little I can still do about it.

Appreciate Thanksgiving by giving thanks for what we still have which is still more than any country in the world. But never believe that when you reach my age and start having health problems that you are entering your "Golden Years".

4 comments:

Diane Vespa said...

All the best to you and yours, Merle. Enjoy the holidays and holler at us when you get back. God bless!

conrad said...

Thanks, Merle. Best to you and your family!

Billy Dennis said...

Merle: Keep me up to date about your health. Wishing you the very best.

Merle Widmer said...

Good news from Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa. No bladder cancer detected today. However, it will be 7-10 days before the lab reports come back. So by March 26 I should now definitely. If no cancer, I am requested to be tested every three months. Now I can find out if my severe Mitral Valve leakage has gotten worse. Nothing can be done without an operation and that is not going to happen. I'm very fortunate to be in as good of health as I am as I approach the age of 90. Thanks for your nice comments. Conrad, Diane and Billy and all the people who made similar comments on mu Facebook site.