Thursday, September 04, 2014

Guns Can Kill People - Yes, I Fully understand Guns Can and Do Kill

I'm not going to dwell on the sad situation where a young girl accidentally took the life of an adult. I only know about this case by news media so I will not try to judge. But what were the parent of parents thinking? Where either present? Why did the instructor let her handle a loaded highly automated weapon? Why did her parent/parents want her trained to use such a killing machine at such an early age?

Too many questions and probably not enough common sense.used by all concerned.  So sad that accidents like this happen and are blamed on the weapon. I do not belong to the NRA but I support all those good members with common sense. I do believe, however, the organization should elect a new president. Too many times it appears he speaks about a forest without seeing the trees.

Again, alcohol is the major contributor to vehicle mayhem of approximately 41,000 deaths a year, yet advertising glorifies these killer machines and there is no movement to remove them from our societies, nor the drivers sometimes with multiple DUI convictions.

But guns, like this writer, are easy targets.

And yes at the age of 88 I was arrested and charged with a misdeanor.. Sorry to disappoint my detractors that (I was never indicted) such as "as frick" and "frack" who write the Monday "Word on the Street" column in the Peoria Journal Star. Both have called me in print a freak and a weirdo. Isn't there an old saying "it takes one to know one"? But then, we were always taught that 'ignorance is bliss'. and the JS hands out more than a fair share of ignorance as being 'gospel

So sad.'.

No comments: