Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Widmer Back From a Winter in Florida

Maybe a couple weeks to early but more pressing matters made me leave the clay tennis courts and the balmy days offered in the Sarasota-Bradenton area. New friends are also missed but I hope to see them again.

After reading all the accumulated  Journal Star newspapers, I was saddened to learn of the death of my longtime friend Bill Palmatier, who was an officer at Illinois Mutual and one of my company's best customers. Also, Bill McDaniels passed away. He was the Illinois Mutual Insurance rep who handled our insurance needs for a long time. Also,Jim Hardesty, who played basketball for me at McLean Waynesville and was later a customer. Also Bert Born who was a political supporter of mine. Bert and I also once played wheel chair basketball together for a local fundraiser. Most of you know of Bill's illustrious basketball careers at KSU and Caterpillar.

The deaths of these friends and contributors to the Peoria scene is a sad reality that all our days are numbered and we best make the most out of life while we are here alive on earth.,

I'm sure some of my other friends passed on that I did not hear about or because I did not accumulate all my newspapers. Jim Maloof was a friend as was Art Greenburg. Both helped make Peoria.the leading community in downstate Illinois. This community is fortunate to have enjoyed the benefits of these men of character.

My sympathy goes out to all those saddened by the inevitale course of life's sorrows..

No comments: