Sunday, January 17, 2010

"If we Don't Take it Someone Else Will"

These seems to be the lament by all politicians, plus 30% of the adult population when it comes to subsidies, entitlements, New Market Tax Credits, you name it.

I asked a City Councilman pressing the County Board to enter into this City/County lobbyist agreement: an agreement the city will not be contributing any money until 15months from now, whether "if we don't take it, some one else will" was the way he was bringing up his young family. After some hesitation, he said no, however.......

Ah, well, as a lemon called James W.Lemmon (I Googled him with no results and he isn't listed any local phone book??) said recently he could believe if it Merle Widmer hadn't said it. Well, I can't keep all you free-spending of OPM liberals, Democrats and Republicans, happy because it appears more and more people of all parties and non-voters are looking to our government to bail us out whatever the situation and/or how we got there. After attending 4 events, I'm not even sure the Tea Party people mean what they say.

And, yes, I did get elected 8 out of 9 times since 2000 and I do admit to being 84 years of age. Not the "best and the brightest" although my moniker still hangs on a business I started 45 years ago.

Hmmmm.

No comments: