Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Big Box Stores in Peoria - Two More May Close in the Next 12 Months

Expect two more big box stores to close in Peoria within the next 12 months. Can't say who they are but you might guess.

One source says Peoria is one of the best cities to start a new business. Probably so but to start and keep going are two different things. There are more empty commercial buildings in Peoria than I have ever seen in my 60 years of residing in the area.

And then there are the rising taxes with more to be on the ballot in November. Plus a deteriorating infrastructure; roads, sidewalks, curbs, water lines, sewers and County roads and bridges. But if you read the IB you would believe everything is hunky-dory in Peoria.

I was once an Optimist (belonged to the social group) too when I opened my business in Peoria in 1964. But the landscape has changed quite drastically which often happens when we elect politicians who have never met a payroll. How has the landscape changed? Just read my 2500  blogs and posts.

No comments: