Tuesday, September 17, 2013

U.S. Postal Service Priority Mail

I have serious reservations about sending things quickly through this priority mail service. My recent experience was to send a letter paying approx. $6  that was to arrive on a Friday in Sarasota, Fl. . It arrived on a Tuesday, 5 working days later. When I complained, I was told their was no guarantee that priority mail would arrive when scheduled. Nor any guarantee priority mail would arrive faster than regular mail. Which I found to be "interesting". Using the postal service tracking system, I found the the letter was "floating" around in Peoria for 3 of the 5 days.

An experience last year. A $19 priority item was mailed out of Peoria. It took 7 working days to reach Florida.

Now the U;S. Postal Service is offering Priority Mail Flat Rate. Is this another government scheme of offering a mis-leading service??

Hmm.

No comments: