Monday, September 13, 2010

Census Employees Inefficiencies

----- Original Message -----

From: TREVOR HOLMES

To: merlewidmer@msn.com

Sent: Monday, September 13, 2010 11:01 AM

Subject: U.S. CENSUS

MERLE, I HAVE MET YOU A FEW TIMES AND I USUALLY ENJOY YOUR BLOGS. I HAVE A TOPIC YOU MIGHT LIKE TO INVESTIGATE. I OWN AND OPERATE ROUGHLY 300 RENTAL UNITS IN THE PEORIA AREA, AND RECENTLY THE UNITED STATES HAS BEEN TAKING A CENSUS. I KID YOU NOT I HAVE BEEN CONTACT NO LESS THAN 20 TIMES BY 20 DIFFERENT WORKERS ASKING THE SAME EXACT QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SAME EXACT UNITS. THE FIRST 10 TIMES, MY STAFF AND I GAVE THE CENSUS WORKERS THE INFORMATION THAT THEY REQUESTED. THE REST OF TIME I WAS LESS THAN ACCOMMODATING. IT SEEMS TO ME THAT THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT WAS HIRING MORE PEOPLE THAN NECESSARY TO DO THE CENSUS TO IMPROVE THERE UNEMPLOYMENT NUMBERS. ANYWAY JUST THOUGHT THAT WAS IRRITATING AND INTERESTING.


Merle said:

Trevor,

Washington Census Bureau bureaucrats sure took advantage of the public money tree. Here's a good example of the inefficiency of so much of the public sector leadership. It would be interesting to know how the hiring of minorities compared by percentages or quotas. However, lack of communication skills are not only a minority problem.

Inefficiencies at a lot of different levels but what do we expect when most high school students graduate (or drop out) at a freshman reading level and are seldom taught communication skills.

Annunity check from Prudential arrived today. I guess they were back-logged.

No comments: