Monday, June 28, 2010

Will a Compassionate America Eventually Lead to our Downfall?

Forwarded to me by a friend. Yes, I would help build a scaffold but a firing squad would be cheaper. However, a lot of so-called Americans would disagree. Start with Obama, Holder, Pelosi, Feinstein, and a lot of compassionate Republicans. Most Tea Party people would NOT disagree.

Oh, I forgot, we are a country of laws who pride itself for keeping a person on death row for up to 20 years. We are not cruel like those who would kill us if given an opportunity. Or another opportunity as the terrorists released from our Cuban baby-sitting site who are back killing or plotting to kill us.

While we build more entertainment circuses and let Hollywood, MTV and our over liberal media portray us as druggies and "live for the moment" people.

Merle

How can any American disagree ...why do we need a trial....can I help build the scaffold.......??






Faisal Shahzad
The failed Times Square bomber, Faisal Shahzad, testified in court about his motivations and plans to kill Americans. He was open, even proud, of his actions. It's a free lesson for anyone willing to listen.

Faisal Shahzad was born in Pakistan, but had sought and received American citizenship. He was married, had two children, had a job as a financial analyst. To be come a citizen in this country, among other things, he took the following oath:

I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen; that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform noncombatant service in the Armed Forces of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law; and that I take this obligation freely without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God.

What was his oath worth? Three months after taking it, he went to Pakistan to train with the Taliban. He took money, built the device, and tried to detonate it in Times Square. Why did he do these things? We don't have to wonder. He spelled it out.

One has to understand where I'm coming from. I consider myself a Muslim soldier...I am part of the answer to the U.S. terrorizing the Muslim nations and the Muslim people. And, on behalf of that, I'm avenging the attack. Living in the United States, Americans only care about their own people, but they don't care about the people elsewhere in the world when they die.

What I find interesting about that quote is I agree with him. I, too, consider him a Muslim soldier. I see his motivations as reasonable to him. He is right about me only caring about my own people. That's the way the world works. If it meant killing him and everyone who thinks like him to protect the United States, I would be in favor of it.

If he wanted to be a soldier in a foreign army, he should have done so. Since I am truly an American citizen, and freely take the oath he fraudulently took, I consider him a traitor. Since he came dressed as a civilian, not in the uniform of a soldier, when he made his attack, I consider him a spy and a saboteur. If we, as a nation, could grasp the true nature of the threat, this trial would not be taking place. He would have been taken as a military prisoner, interrogated, and then hung.

They know they are at war, do we?

The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving on.
--Ulysses S. Grant

No comments: