Monday, March 22, 2010

FireFly - Who Said What?

On my blog site , blogger C.J. Summers asked me why I voted yes on the City/County $6million loan guarantee for the "can't miss", (isn't what every leader in Peoria said?)_ FireFly now going through bankruptcy proceedings. On his blog site, The Peoria Chronicle, C.J. wrote on 5/29/07, "My little brainstorm for the City/County FireFly partnership. This will allow FireFly to establsih their headquarters here in Peoria and employ 65 people locally. Assuming (assuming-makes ass out of u & me) they're are successful, WHICH SEEMS PRETTY LIKELY, it won't cost the city and county a thing. In fact, the city and county will receive $480,000 in common stock. So here's the little brainstorm I had, for what it's worth: I believe FF should have a place to showcase their battery technology. How about if they show case in CityLink buses?"

I guess C.J.s comments and brainstorm caused me to vote yes. How could I be the only one in any type of leadership be the only one wrong?

So City/Link did just that. They bought 18 batteries costing about $450 each (JS, Steve Tarter, 3/24/09. The batteries they were buying cost $146 each.

And as former newspaper editor Don Axt said, Peoria should be renamed Dreamsville and a World Series between Peoria and Rockford will happen right here in this city of hope.

And speaking of hope, I finally received my income?? tax statement. Disappointed again as it showed another loss, $3,000+ this time continuing a long string of losses on my original investment in 1994. I expected better as Kevin Capie said in his JS sports column that the Chiefs were "setting attendance records".

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.