Sunday, March 16, 2014

Peora City Council - More Input on Water Proposal Deal

Additional comments forwarded to me by the same friend.  Merle
 
To generate money, this is probably the fairest way to do so because everyone pays - property owners, business owners, not for profit groups. If they were to do something with property taxes, the north end taxpayers would pay a dis-proportionate share of the bill.

The question I would like to know the answer to is - How much annually does Illinois American spend right now on infrastructure improvement each year? I personally do not like this agreement and taking the option from 5 years to 20 years, I think it removes the accountability for the water company to do their best job and keep their rates low or competitive.This would be a big win for the water company and I would be trying to get this passed if I were in their shoes.

There was a public meeting yesterday and from what I read, the public is not pleased with this deal. I don't have all the facts of the meeting yet.

No comments: